Welcome to the new official site of one of the biggest total conversion mods on the net: Jedi Knight: Jedi Betrayal! We have just moved, so expect this site to grow and develop in the coming weeks as everything is pulled together.
Jedi Betrayal is a fan-made modification for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. It is a direct continuation of the Dark Side ending in Jedi Academy, intended as a fourth sequel to the popular Jedi Knight series. We aim to provide an entirely new adventure that continues immediately after the cliffhanger ending of Jedi Academy.
The player once again assumes the role of Kyle Katarn, who is pursuing Jaden Korr after Jaden’s fall to the Dark Side. Kyle has learned of a plan more sinister than he would have expected from Jaden, and must now, along with a new ally and the help of an old friend, race against time to stop Jaden and end a tremendous threat once and for all.
With that, welcome to the website! We hope you enjoy your stay.
Jedi Betrayal will include a blend of old and new features that will significantly enhance the player’s experience. Upon release, you can expect:
- A revamped weapons arsenal including some completely new weapons as well as some old favorites.
- 10 Locations, including a grand total of 24 levels.
- Similar to Jedi Academy, it will include a Dark side-Light Side ending that is determined by your choices in the game.
- New textures, shaders, and models and skins.
- An all-new story, including a cast of new characters and new enemies.
- A fully voiced cast of characters, including enemies and minor NPCs.
- What Jedi Academy ending are you using?
- How much will the game cost?
- What is Jumansoft?
- When will the mod be released?
- I want to help! How can I join?
- I have a question not listed here. Now what!?
We are going to use the Dark side ending of Jedi Academy where Jaden turns to the Dark side.
This is a fan-made mod, and no money has changed hands in its creation. It is being created as a hobby. As a result, it will be available for download free of charge.
Jumansoft is the name of the mod team that is working on Jedi Betrayal. The strange name is the result of an inside joke we have within the development team.
At this time, there is no set release date. Currently, we are only one year into development, so don’t expect a release anytime soon. Progress is being made, however, and we are working on a demo, which we hope to release in a matter of months. More release information will be posted on this site as it becomes available.
If you want to join the mod team, please place an application on our forum from the link above.
If you have any more questions, feel free to post your question on the forums or use our IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel. Our developers try to be on the channel as much as possible to answer any questions or just to chat.